Authors: Boodt, Casey; Wells, Lana; Esina, Elena
This paper describes the Supporting the Supporters Research initiative that aimed to understand:
- the value of informal supports in the lives of those dealing with domestic violence,
- how best to support informal supports to effectively respond to the needs of the victim,
- the service provider perspective on the perceived reluctance of friends and families to intervene,
- the services already being offered to informal supports in Calgary,
- how organizations that specialize in domestic violence in Calgary can start to build customized education programs and supports that are geared towards informal supports including the general public to prevent domestic violence.
Implications for the service delivery context in Calgary and area.